Drive By IWC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

McIntyre-ly Unsatisfactory

2 posters

Go down

McIntyre-ly Unsatisfactory Empty McIntyre-ly Unsatisfactory

Post by Robstar Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:15 pm

If you were hoping this was another thread about B-McIntyre, then I apologize for disappointing you.

I never saw whatever it was that the bulk of you seemed to have seen in Drew McIntyre. For me the guy was yawn-city from the get go. From his tepid entrance music to his Boreton-style McIntyre-ly Unsatisfactory Sleepmethodical wrestling to his L'Oreal ad worthy hair, the guy never stood out any further than the point that he didn't stand out at all. McIntyre-ly Unsatisfactory Fresse

The "Chosen One" gimmick felt like they were promoting a go-kart in a Formula One race - I mean, there was just nothing that special about Drew. For that reason alone, I couldn't see merit in marrying him to that gimmick. Dolph would have worked with it better because he's ten times the worker Drew is. McIntyre-ly Unsatisfactory 1325357573

Now you might be under the mistaken impression that I dislike Drew. Untrue. I like him just fine, which is to say not overly so, but I certainly don't not like him. He's OK and a competent wrestler. The best thing that happened to him was 3MB, even if it was to job spectacularly. McIntyre-ly Unsatisfactory Icon_twisted

But now thats all over and there is a chance for Drew to reinvent himself and perhaps be better somewhere else. Although personally I'd love to see Slater leave WWE and have them take the rebranded 3MB to Japan or something, where they might win a match or two. One can dream. McIntyre-ly Unsatisfactory Icon_rolleyes
Robstar
Robstar
The Midcard
The Midcard

Back to top Go down

McIntyre-ly Unsatisfactory Empty Re: McIntyre-ly Unsatisfactory

Post by Krysys Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:23 am

I dunno. I liked him during his chosen one gimmick. I though he played a great heel. However, he did seem to regress in the ring. I dunno maybe it is rose colored glasses kinda thing
Krysys
Krysys
Promoter
Promoter

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum