Drive By IWC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WWE Pay Per View

+6
Grind_Bastard
JismMan
Rilla
Asher
Krysys
The Rainmaker
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

WWE Pay Per View Empty WWE Pay Per View

Post by The Rainmaker Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:48 pm

WWE Pay Per View Wwe_ppv_logo_crop_exact

The home for all WWE PPV discussion.
The Rainmaker
The Rainmaker
The Midcard
The Midcard

Back to top Go down

WWE Pay Per View Empty Re: WWE Pay Per View

Post by Krysys Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:06 pm

We shall start Sunday with......

WWE Pay Per View Eliminationchamber2014500
Krysys
Krysys
Promoter
Promoter

Back to top Go down

Post by The Rainmaker Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:11 pm

I'm looking forward to it, plenty of the matches feel like they've had better builds to them than usual, even the secondary matches.
The Rainmaker
The Rainmaker
The Midcard
The Midcard

Back to top Go down

Post by Asher Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:30 pm

Pretty sure E chamber will be the first PPV on the network, if so I will absolutely be watching.
Asher
Asher
Promoter
Promoter

http://dbiwc.omgforum.net

Back to top Go down

Post by The Rainmaker Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:37 pm

Asher wrote:Pretty sure E chamber will be the first PPV on the network, if so I will absolutely be watching.

I'm sure the Network launches on Monday and Mania is the first PPV on there.
The Rainmaker
The Rainmaker
The Midcard
The Midcard

Back to top Go down

Post by Asher Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:38 pm

Im sure I don't know what date shit is anymore, so there Razz
Asher
Asher
Promoter
Promoter

Back to top Go down

Post by The Rainmaker Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:40 pm

K
Asher wrote:Im sure I don't know what date shit is anymore, so there Razz

This place has a calendar now, so no excuse.  Laughing
The Rainmaker
The Rainmaker
The Midcard
The Midcard

Back to top Go down

Post by Asher Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:44 pm

Yeah well... I didn't know that.
(Hides promoter title)
Asher
Asher
Promoter
Promoter

Back to top Go down

Post by Rilla Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:51 pm

I'm looking forward to several of the matches on the card, which is surprising, considering most of the others.

Alot of the reviewers call it a one-two match card, but I'm looking forward to a good deal of them.

Langston vs Swagger
EC
Shield vs Wyatts, which I wish was in the chamber. 
And the tag title match ups

Rilla
The Indies
The Indies

Back to top Go down

Post by The Rainmaker Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:54 pm

Pretty much of the same mind set, those 4 matches have good potential. Looking forward to Young v Titus also but more intrigued as to where they go with Titus after.
The Rainmaker
The Rainmaker
The Midcard
The Midcard

Back to top Go down

Post by Rilla Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:56 pm

Titus has potential. He's older, and not exactly graceful in the ring, but his mic skills seem to be there and he isn't terrible. I don't like what they've done with him so far, but I would like to see him get the Authority's backing and see what he does.

I read a report that Titus pitched the heel turn, and Vince said it was time to see if Titus would sink or swim.

Rilla
The Indies
The Indies

Back to top Go down

Post by The Rainmaker Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:59 pm

Rilla wrote:Titus has potential. He's older, and not exactly graceful in the ring, but his mic skills seem to be there and he isn't terrible. I don't like what they've done with him so far, but I would like to see him get the Authority's backing and see what he does.

I read a report that Titus pitched the heel turn, and Vince said it was time to see if Titus would sink or swim.

Yup the potential is certainly there, he has the presence and look to do well and he isn't too shabby at all on the mic.

Let's see if he can grab the opportunity with both hands.
The Rainmaker
The Rainmaker
The Midcard
The Midcard

Back to top Go down

Post by Asher Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:02 pm

Langston vs Swagger has the potential to be a great match, depending on Swagger's mood. he seems to be one of those guys that either tries to steal the show or really phones it in, no middle ground.

Shield vs Wyatts will also be a lot of fun to watch, and I'm still just happy that there is more and more focus being put on the tag division again, honestly.
Asher
Asher
Promoter
Promoter

Back to top Go down

Post by The Rainmaker Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:08 pm

Asher wrote:Langston vs Swagger has the potential to be a great match, depending on Swagger's mood. he seems to be one of those guys that either tries to steal the show or really phones it in, no middle ground.

Shield vs Wyatts will also be a lot of fun to watch, and I'm still just happy that there is more and more focus being put on the tag division again, honestly.

Swagger does run hot and cold way too often, he may be weak on the mic and that's why he has Zeb but he should excel in all other areas. He has the wrestling pedigree, he has the size and build that should see him be a Vince favourite but he does seem to prefer to coast along. 

Would have loved the Shield v Wyatts to be in the chamber.
The Rainmaker
The Rainmaker
The Midcard
The Midcard

Back to top Go down

Post by Rilla Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:15 pm

The Rainmaker wrote:
Rilla wrote:Titus has potential. He's older, and not exactly graceful in the ring, but his mic skills seem to be there and he isn't terrible. I don't like what they've done with him so far, but I would like to see him get the Authority's backing and see what he does.

Yup the potential is certainly there, he has the presence and look to do well and he isn't too shabby at all on the mic.

Let's see if he can grab the opportunity with both hands.

Part of me can see him being an upper-card guy, maybe even holding the title for a couple of months. He has the tools, and can learn in the ring. I do not want to see him fail. With WWE slowly starting the push for new people, Titus could be a great addition.

Now if only Kofi gets a personality.

Asher wrote:Langston vs Swagger has the potential to be a great match, depending on Swagger's mood. he seems to be one of those guys that either tries to steal the show or really phones it in, no middle ground.

Swagger is probably one of the best wrestlers WWE has, from a purely actual wrestling standpoint. But he has problems with the weed, and I think it effects him.

I think they are waning on that, honestly. Broke up PTP, Cesaro may be leaving RA. The Shield seems to be on the outs. And they don't really seem to interested in putting in more teams. Quite literally, NXT, where they have some of their best talent, has ONE tag-team. ONE.

The Rainmaker wrote:

Swagger does run hot and cold way too often, he may be weak on the mic and that's why he has Zeb but he should excel in all other areas. He has the wrestling pedigree, he has the size and build that should see him be a Vince favourite but he does seem to prefer to coast along. 

Would have loved the Shield v Wyatts to be in the chamber.

That would have been great. Team Elimination match. ALl threee members of the team have to be eliminated to win. I could see it coming down to Wyatt and Reigns.

Rilla
The Indies
The Indies

Back to top Go down

Post by The Rainmaker Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:19 pm

That would be a great face off between the two 'leaders.'
Still thinking it blows up for the Shield here, Ambrose and Reigns.
The Rainmaker
The Rainmaker
The Midcard
The Midcard

Back to top Go down

Post by JismMan Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:21 pm

Are we sure Wyatts-Shield doesn't get a last minute stipulation of some sort? I feel like the reigns (no pun intended) need to be taken off in some way.
JismMan
JismMan
The Indies
The Indies

Back to top Go down

Post by Rilla Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:22 pm

Yeah, I like how they've been positioning him during the face offs, plus how they put Harper across from Dean, both of them had some good matches on the indies. 

I see them waiting until Mania. I'm hoping for a three way between them for the US title, where it finally blows up when Reigns comes off with the title. He's celebrating, let it sink in for the crowd, and then Dean attacks him, with Seth being on the outskirts not knowing who to side with.

--

I would hope they do, but I don't think they've announced anything as of the TV tapings. Maybe they could at the Chamber itself, but I think announcing it beforehand could really boost the sales.

Rilla
The Indies
The Indies

Back to top Go down

Post by The Rainmaker Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:23 pm

Jman wrote:Are we sure Wyatts-Shield doesn't get a last minute stipulation of some sort? I feel like the reigns (no pun intended) need to be taken off in some way.

Don't think so, they probably think it can run just off who it's between alone and they are probably right. Even though a chamber match would be awesome, I don't want them to convolute it with some other crap if not.
The Rainmaker
The Rainmaker
The Midcard
The Midcard

Back to top Go down

Post by JismMan Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:25 pm

The Rainmaker wrote:
Jman wrote:Are we sure Wyatts-Shield doesn't get a last minute stipulation of some sort? I feel like the reigns (no pun intended) need to be taken off in some way.

Don't think so, they probably think it can run just off who it's between alone and they are probably right. Even though a chamber match would be awesome, I don't want them to convolute it with some other crap if not.

That's a good point. Can't have a stip overshadowing the match itself.
JismMan
JismMan
The Indies
The Indies

Back to top Go down

Post by The Rainmaker Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:27 pm

Jman wrote:
The Rainmaker wrote:

It'll be a good spectacle on it's own. It's my most anticipated match of the night, above the chamber even.
The Rainmaker
The Rainmaker
The Midcard
The Midcard

Back to top Go down

Post by JismMan Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:39 pm

The Rainmaker wrote:
Jman wrote:
The Rainmaker wrote:

It'll be a good spectacle on it's own. It's my most anticipated match of the night, above the chamber even.

Same here. Nice, long, slow build.
JismMan
JismMan
The Indies
The Indies

Back to top Go down

Post by Rilla Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:41 pm

From a fan standpoint, Elimination Chamber could end up being a great PPV this year. Both story and ring wise.

Rilla
The Indies
The Indies

Back to top Go down

Post by The Rainmaker Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:44 pm

Rilla wrote:From a fan standpoint, Elimination Chamber could end up being a great PPV this year. Both story and ring wise.

It certainly can and being the lead in to Mania can shore up any shortcomings it may have.
The Rainmaker
The Rainmaker
The Midcard
The Midcard

Back to top Go down

Post by Rilla Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:45 pm

WWE is going to have to follow it heavily afterwards though. They'll have a whole month, and possibly two weeks additionally, to get Mania straight.

Batista already seems like a flop, as far as how over they wanted him to be, and his cardio which is down right terrible.

Rilla
The Indies
The Indies

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum