Drive By IWC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Drive By Q&A

+4
kevinganley
Asher
The Rainmaker
Robstar
8 posters

Go down

Drive By Q&A Empty Drive By Q&A

Post by Robstar Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:35 pm

I'm starting this thread, initially to deal with whatever rumors, innuendo and false assumptions about what it is we're doing here. So here it is.

Some of you might recall a while ago when I attempted to step away from the mod side of things on EWN. At the time, the one member of Admin that we had any contact with strongly urged me to stay and await the arrival of the sites new beta. I took that to mean there would be changes, updates and improvement to the forum side of the site. I was wrong. Whether or not the waters were muddied on purpose matters little.

What is a fact is that I wasn't the only one who had wrongly made this assumption. For months people have been asking for updates and new features for the forums and the message many received was that they would be arriving eventually. So, I'm somewhat justified in believing that because I was far from alone in this understanding, that the messages being sent were less than clear.

In any event, the outcome was that the forums would remain (and I never claimed they were going anywhere), with NO changes. The idea was to have them "integrated" as part of the main page. How that was going to work I'm not sure. Adding new features and opening up the front section of the site to not just commentary but even more submissions from all and sundry for "editorials" or "blogs" by their real name, might sound like a good idea at the start but any iota of foresight would tell you that what you're really doing is opening the floodgates for rampant ego and the scourge of butthurt when people get rejected. I'm not sure how anyone could miss the idea that by drawing people to one part by hanging all the cool bells and whistles on it would affect the back end, essentially turning it into a ghetto; the sad, weird step-cousin to the uber-shiny front end.  Shocked 

On top of that, who runs the show over there? That's right, the C&P king and his cronies. And there's practically nobody from EWN forums that I have come across that had anything nice to say about that regime. So, at the end of the day, the front half of EWN will be a more attractive place to participate in. But I, as with others, don't take to their politics. So we decided to set this place up. And we let people decide for themselves. I bear no ill will to EWN, in fact I am mega grateful because it's given me a chance to get to know a lot of you guys. I am more than happy for people to stay there. But for some, this is the way forward. We needed a new mission statement.

So that's all it is. It's not a "mutiny" lol! It's just a movement. Stay and check us out! Or don't! It's all good in the 'hood.  afro
Robstar
Robstar
The Midcard
The Midcard

Back to top Go down

Drive By Q&A Empty Re: Drive By Q&A

Post by Robstar Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:06 pm

Oh yeah, it's also about your questions. Put them here and they will be answered!
Robstar
Robstar
The Midcard
The Midcard

Back to top Go down

Post by The Rainmaker Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:12 pm

Dear Australian fellow,

Why oh why oh why am I so fucking awesome?

Yours,

A concerned megalomaniac.

P.S. Yeah I think the general impression most of us had was that there were going to be sweeping changes to the forum side, the way the message was conveyed was definitely to lead you down that path of thought.
I don't wish to spend my future forum activities conversing with rejects from the YouTube comment section.
The Rainmaker
The Rainmaker
The Midcard
The Midcard

Back to top Go down

Post by Robstar Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:15 pm

Dear Pedo of Superiority guy,

You just are. Somebody has to be.

Yours,

Aussie Rob
Robstar
Robstar
The Midcard
The Midcard

Back to top Go down

Post by Asher Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:05 pm

Well guys, it's become evident that there will be NO changes happening on this side of the site. Franks idea is that they want to integrate the forums into the front section, which is fine and good, if only that side of the site wasn't captained by idiots for the most part. And then there is king douche Ryan Clark who also wields the mighty sword of power there. So you know, stay if you want. But a bunch of us are leaving and setting up on our own.

Everyone from these forums will be welcomed. The structure will be basically the same. We aim for the new forum to be relaxed and friendly. It will be built mainly around efedding. I know, FACK that right? Drive By Q&A Wink

So, there it is - the invitation extended and the welcome mat waiting. We will understand if you want to stay of course. Drive By Q&A Smilehttp://dbiwc.omgforum.net/

Cheers guys.
Asher
Asher
Promoter
Promoter

http://dbiwc.omgforum.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Robstar Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:11 pm

Whoever wrote that has obvious sour grapes and bad intentions. For shame!  Razz
Robstar
Robstar
The Midcard
The Midcard

Back to top Go down

Post by kevinganley Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:11 am

Gotta applaud everyone (including me) for walking away from what seems to be the inevitable!
kevinganley
kevinganley
The Indies
The Indies

Back to top Go down

Post by Robstar Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:15 am

Seriously Kev, if you weren't giving yourself a pat on the back, I'd think someone had hacked you!  Laughing
Robstar
Robstar
The Midcard
The Midcard

Back to top Go down

Post by kevinganley Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:19 am

Robstar wrote:Seriously Kev, if you weren't giving yourself a pat on the back, I'd think someone had hacked you!  Laughing

LOL I may have no hair but I'm no Kurt Angle!
kevinganley
kevinganley
The Indies
The Indies

Back to top Go down

Post by kevinganley Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:12 pm

I'm very disappointed with the way EWN has treated their senior members lately. Some of us have tried keeping the glue together and they're just dumping them like they're last week's garbage
kevinganley
kevinganley
The Indies
The Indies

Back to top Go down

Post by Lionel Dessi Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:24 pm

Dear Aussie Rob

It appears that yourself and a Mr. Thunder has had a dispute. May I find out the details, and I'm a gossip whore Rolling Eyes

Yours,

Lionel Dessi, Captain of FC Farcelona
Lionel Dessi
Lionel Dessi
The Indies
The Indies

Back to top Go down

Post by Robstar Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:02 pm

Dear Lionel,

I have never had much regard for that poor excuse of a human being known as TT. The guy is the classic example of the third wheel who will desperately try to fuck your girlfriend -and fail - when you're not around. For the last 3 years he has been the constant brunt of the mod jokes because, well, he just positions himself there. We don't even need to help him get to the punchline, because he IS the punchline.

Keep it real,

Aussie Bob
Robstar
Robstar
The Midcard
The Midcard

Back to top Go down

Post by bennytheball Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:47 am

Is this like the Fosters advert?  I now have visions of Rob sitting on a deck chair next to a speaker phone.

Hi Rob, long time fan, first time caller.  I just wanted to know, how's your sex life?
bennytheball
bennytheball
The Indies
The Indies

Back to top Go down

Post by Robstar Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:15 pm

bennytheball wrote:Is this like the Fosters advert?  I now have visions of Rob sitting on a deck chair next to a speaker phone.

Hi Rob, long time fan, first time caller.  I just wanted to know, how's your sex life?

I'm not sure which advert you are speaking of but I don't drink Fosters. Few Aussies do.

As for my sex life - look up the Simpson Desert. It amounts to about the same.

Thanks for calling.
Robstar
Robstar
The Midcard
The Midcard

Back to top Go down

Post by bennytheball Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:43 pm

That's the advert.
bennytheball
bennytheball
The Indies
The Indies

Back to top Go down

Post by Robstar Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:45 pm

Well that was amusing, I must say. Not sure who Carol Voldemort is though?

But to answer your question, yes, it's quite a bit like that.  Drive By Q&A 221856063
Robstar
Robstar
The Midcard
The Midcard

Back to top Go down

Post by JismMan Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:18 pm

Dear Penthouse,

I just wanted to type that.

Cheers,
J
JismMan