Drive By IWC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Misused Wrestlers

4 posters

Go down

Misused Wrestlers Empty Misused Wrestlers

Post by Robstar Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:30 pm

This thread is for discussion about wrestlers or personalities that you believe might have been better utilised at whatever time of their careers in whatever promotion.

Put forth a scenario of your own that you think might have worked better. I'll start with -

*Vladimir Kozlov
Misused Wrestlers Vladimir_kozlov__532299

The guy showed some promise, but he was pushed too soon and could not work a mic to save himself. He also could have used a bit more time in developmental. Unfortunately for Vlad, he came up at a time where the "evil Russian" gimmick just wasn't an option.

Here's what I would have done. Mainly he needed a manager, to speak for him. Like a Heyman or a Coulter. Kozlov would have been best served with a long undefeated gimmick instead of fed to Triple H for the benefit of Triple H to look like the conquering champion, when it was obvious to all and sundry that Vlad was just hand picked for Haitch to while away a month or two with the belt and coming off as the superior talent.

I would have given him a long run with the US title. Built him up as a contender for the WHC, maybe even given him a run with it. Certainly couldn't have been any worse than Khali.
Robstar
Robstar
The Midcard
The Midcard

Back to top Go down

Misused Wrestlers Empty Re: Misused Wrestlers

Post by bcfccalum Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:47 pm

Robstar wrote:This thread is for discussion about wrestlers or personalities that you believe might have been better utilised at whatever time of their careers in whatever promotion.

Put forth a scenario of your own that you think might have worked better. I'll start with -

*Vladimir Kozlov

The guy showed some promise, but he was pushed too soon and could not work a mic to save himself. He also could have used a bit more time in developmental. Unfortunately for Vlad, he came up at a time where the "evil Russian" gimmick just wasn't an option.

Here's what I would have done. Mainly he needed a manager, to speak for him. Like a Heyman or a Coulter. Kozlov would have been best served with a long undefeated gimmick instead of fed to Triple H for the benefit of Triple H to look like the conquering champion, when it was obvious to all and sundry that Vlad was just hand picked for Haitch to while away a month or two with the belt and coming off as the superior talent.

I would have given him a long run with the US title. Built him up as a contender for the WHC, maybe even given him a run with it. Certainly couldn't have been any worse than Khali.
Didn't he get Regal as his manager as part of the Ruthless Roundtable with Big Zeke? I didn't really watch ECW so i dont know how that ended, did they just send him to Raw and put him with Santino after that?
bcfccalum
bcfccalum
The Indies
The Indies

Back to top Go down

Post by Cabers Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:55 pm

bcfccalum wrote:
Robstar wrote:This thread is for discussion about wrestlers or personalities that you believe might have been better utilised at whatever time of their careers in whatever promotion.

*Vladimir Kozlov

Didn't he get Regal as his manager as part of the Ruthless Roundtable with Big Zeke? I didn't really watch ECW so i dont know how that ended, did they just send him to Raw and put him with Santino after that?

If i remember right he had to face Zeke who was apart of that group as well and Regal and Zeke turned on him.
Cabers
Cabers
The Indies
The Indies

Back to top Go down

Post by Robstar Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:26 pm

Oh yeah, thats right! I really didn't mind some of the things they were doing in WWECW. I miss the brands
Robstar
Robstar
The Midcard
The Midcard

Back to top Go down

Post by bcfccalum Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:47 pm

Robstar wrote:Oh yeah, thats right! I really didn't mind some of the things they were doing in WWECW. I miss the brands
Meh it basically became FCW 1.5, promoted from the developmental but still not good enough for the main roster so we're just kind of left half way there to test the water. Had no problem with them axing WWECW but i do wish they kept Raw and Smackdown apart.

I also think that viewership wasn't as good as it could be for WWECW due to people not watching it out of principle that it was under the ECW name.
bcfccalum
bcfccalum
The Indies
The Indies

Back to top Go down

Post by Robstar Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:03 pm

I think it had a lot to do with being called ECW but not actually being ECW. It had it's moments like Punk, JoMo etc
Robstar
Robstar
The Midcard
The Midcard

Back to top Go down

Post by bcfccalum Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:06 pm

Robstar wrote:I think it had a lot to do with being called ECW but not actually being ECW. It had it's moments like Punk, JoMo etc
Yeah thats what i mean. Die hard ECW fans realising its nothing like what ECW was and despite the fact the show may have still been good due to the aforementioned stars, they still wouldn't watch it anyway because it was branded as ECW
bcfccalum
bcfccalum
The Indies
The Indies

Back to top Go down

Post by bcfccalum Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:11 pm

Back on topic
Misused Wrestlers Morgan

Matt Morgan - came into WWE with a stuttering gimmick, within a year was given his walking orders. Could have been done much more if given the opportunity as shown in TNA.

Now retired working an office job somewhere.
bcfccalum
bcfccalum
The Indies
The Indies

Back to top Go down

Post by Robstar Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:04 pm

bcfccalum wrote:Back on topic
Misused Wrestlers Morgan

Matt Morgan - came into WWE with a stuttering gimmick, within a year was given his walking orders. Could have been done much more if given the opportunity as shown in TNA.

Now retired working an office job somewhere.

Oh yes. During the time when WWE was keen on bringing in guys with little to no time spent in developmental. Like Nathan Jones.
Robstar
Robstar
The Midcard
The Midcard

Back to top Go down

Post by bcfccalum Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:49 am

Robstar wrote:
Oh yes. During the time when WWE was keen on bringing in guys with little to no time spent in developmental. Like Nathan Jones.
Aha that's a blast from the past, once The Undertakers protégé if I remember correctly?

What about Luther Reigns?
bcfccalum
bcfccalum
The Indies
The Indies

Back to top Go down

Post by Cabers Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:58 am

...and Palmer Cannon haha there is actually a ridiculous amount from around that time!
Cabers
Cabers
The Indies
The Indies

Back to top Go down

Post by bcfccalum Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:41 am

Cabers wrote:...and Palmer Cannon haha there is actually a ridiculous amount from around that time!
Who? haha.
bcfccalum
bcfccalum
The Indies
The Indies

Back to top Go down

Post by Krysys Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:04 pm

Cabers wrote:...and Palmer Cannon haha there is actually a ridiculous amount from around that time!
That was just an awful gimmick
Krysys
Krysys
Promoter
Promoter

Back to top Go down

Post by Cabers Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:50 am

Krysys wrote:
That was just an awful gimmick

My point exactly he was a big guy with a shit gimmick which was the norm around then.
Cabers
Cabers
The Indies
The Indies

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum